Thursday, April 26, 2012

april's guest blogger!

this month's guest blogger is sally! we randomly found each other via twitter & pinterest because of our similar style and design interests. then i found the blog she shares with her friend fran, and i fell in love. here she tells us about her neck of the woods :)


Originally from Hampshire in the South of England, I’ve now lived in London for *woah* almost six years, and consider myself a true Londoner. I cannot imagine living anywhere else at this stage in my life. I’ve lived in South, West and North London but have happily been living in Islington now for two and a half years, which means it must be pretty good! So I thought I’d share with you what I love about Islington, and also some of the lovely things there that inspire me every day.


The main road through Islington, Upper Street, and all the streets off if for that matter, are filled restaurants and bars, lovely old English pubs and cute little cafés. Squeezed in between are lovely gift shops, some seriously lovely fashion stores, charity shops, art galleries and swoony furniture and design shops. Add to that the most adorable antiques market on Camden Passage, and I can’t really think of anything that Islington is missing. 


The area is surrounded by streets of gorgeous North London houses and pretty greens so its a fab place to mooch around on a sunny day. Personally I think it’s a great go to place when you need to pick up a gift for a friend, or to buy more bits and bobs for your house, which you probably really don’t need! Here are a few of my favourite finds from Islington shops at the moment…

image one, two, three, four, five, six



Oh, and If you’re ever in London, I seriously recommend jumping on the number 30 bus from King’s Cross for a mooch around Islington, and give me a shout if you ever need any tips on London! 



want to know more about sally? check out her blog and beautiful pinterest account! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...